Many community bicycle collective do some kind of teaching, so if your organization is thinking of starting up a youth program, an "Earn-a-Bike" program, or some other instructional program, you don't need to re-invent the wheel.
Teacher Training Manuals
Browse through these various manuals to see which curriculum works best for you:
- Wiki version of Youth Earn-A-Bike Curriculum (Wiki) by Community Cycles
- Earn-a-Bike Curriculum (Wiki) by SLCBC
- Instructor's Manual for the Earn-A-Bike Program (PDF) by Bikes Not Bombs
- Earn-A-Bike Instructor Training Manual (Wiki - incomplete) by Bikes Not Bombs
- Earn-a-bike Activity Book (PDF) by Neighborhood Bike Works
- Tools For Life: A Start-up Guide for Youth Recycling and Bicycling Programs (PDF) by George Roman Babiak, Karen Overton and Transportation Alternatives
- One Revolution at a Time: A Guide to Starting and Running Youth Bike Ride Clubs (PDF) by Karen Overton, Audrey Warren and Recycle-A-Bicycle
- English Language Immersion Program (Wiki - incomplete) by Ignacio Rivera de Rosales with BICAS
Specific topics for instructors
Reusable Repair Checklist File:Community-cycles-repair-checklist.pdf
Illustrations and Graphics are great visual aids for any class or program and can make simply hanging around a community shop a learning experience.