Revision as of 04:21, 4 November 2016 by Recumbent Rider
Angel York learned to ride a bike in ~1989, joined the Bike Collectives Think Tank Listserv in 2009 and this wiki in 2011.
Bike Collectives volunteered for include
Error creating thumbnail: $1
Bike Collectives visited include
- Salt Lake Bike Collective (including getting dragged to one of their formative meetings at the Coffee Garden) 2002, I think. Oh hey, their wiki page corroborates my date. Plus a few visits in its current main location.
- One of the ones in New Orleans, probably. If any of them existed in 2005. I was so impressed by the place, so it must have been.
- Bike Church in Santa Cruz both at its original location on Church Street and its current home: 2005-2007
- (The former) Davis Bike Church, 2008
- Bikerowave in Los Angeles for Bici Bici, 2012
- Assorted visits to the Sacramento Bike Kitchen circa 2010
- Bike Kitchen in San Francisco, 2014
- Our Community Bikes in Vancouver, 2014
Bike life outside of bike collectives
- Participated in the World's Largest Bicycle Parade 2008 Attempt
- Rode Whymcycles in a Picnic Day Parade, probably 2009?
- Served on the City of Davis Bicycle Advisory Commission, 2008-2011
- Occasional volunteer with Davis Bicycles!, 2009-2012
- Worked the front desk @ Pedal Bike Tours, 2014
- Volunteering at or for Sunday Parkways, 2014 & 2015
- Completed NACTO Urban Street Design Guide Training and volunteered at the BTA Active Transportation Summit, 2015
- PSU Traffic and Transportation Course sponsored by PBOT, 2015
- Bike Loud PDX Treasurer, 2015
- Spinlister profile
Bike tours longer than a few days, all on recumbents
- Florida to California with Aaron Wickstrom, 2005
- Toronto to Iowa with Charlie DeTar, 2006
- SLC to Sacramento with Meara McClenahan, 2006
- Portland to Davis with Darin Wick, 2011
My friends on the wiki (add yourself!)
Tell me about your bike collective! And/or your experience with bikes! --Angel York (talk) 16:35, 8 March 2016 (PST)