Help Using Talk Pages
I'll likely fix your formatting for you if you don't mind, but here's a few simple ways to keep the conversations easy to read!
- give our discussion a title. put four equals signs on either side of said title to make it stand out.
- if your comment is in reply to one of mine, add a colon to the beginning for every level of nested conversation
- add a signature to your comment by leaving --~~~~ at the end!
- click on the "edit" button at the top of this page to "view the source" and see what I'm talking about!
- DON'T BE SHY! I'm an easily excited nerd who loves making new wiki friends.
Welcome to Bike Collectives Wiki!
- We hope you will contribute much and well.
- You will probably want to read the help pages.
- Again, welcome and have fun! aNGEL yORK (talk) 09:45, 30 January 2016 (PST)
- Angel! Thanks so much! I hope to have a lot of fun working with everyone. I've been developing on WikiMedia since the mid-aughts (2006, methinks) and I've been a Bike Mechanic my whole life. I'm hoping to improve the Women and Trans Programs page specifically! That sort of programming has been the focus of my life's work in the last few years, and I'd like to centralize a lot of data therein. -- Eugene (talk) 11:49, 30 January 2016 (PST)
Eugene! I didn't feel comfortable opening the main page up without checking with people who understand wikis better than me, but I made you an administrator, so you can totally change both the main page and the permissions on the main page if you want to. Thanks so much for wikiing! Also, thanks for inspiring me to seed my user page. --aNGEL yORK (talk) 11:25, 14 February 2016 (PST)
- P.S. Before we had a million spam bots signing up, you didn't used to need to get approved by anyone to have an account. Which is why I didn't have a page automatically created for me when I signed up. --aNGEL yORK (talk) 11:27, 14 February 2016 (PST)
What happens if I check the "bot" privilege box? Does that turn you into a bot? I can check it if you want. I contacted Godwin because I'd expect that he'll either know about that bug or will know who will. He's the one who does the bikecollectives.org website. Thank you for all the work you've been doing on the wiki! --Angel York (talk) 14:52, 15 February 2016 (PST)
Your New Conversation Here!
your cool comment could live here! -- your user name (your talk page) your timestamp