Women and Trans Programs
please see our talk page for what is needed on this page and for what projects people have claimed
Why Safer Spaces are Important!
For many of us on this wiki, this conversation is old hat. For anyone joining in and being curious about the why of WTF/FTW/W&T/Women's safer spaces, this space will serve as a means of understanding the need.
A good page with an okay primer as to why one might need/want safer spaces is Patriarchy and Bicycle Repair.
Suffice it to say that every bicycle space unless otherwise stated is a de facto "boys club" and many femme / trans folks report feeling more comfortable in safer spaces designed specifically for them.
Community Bicycle Programs with Women And Trans (sometimes femme) safer spaces
at least according to our fine wiki circa Feb 2016
- Bike Dump
- Our Community Bikes
- Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective
- Troy Bike Rescue
- Sopo Bike Coop
- Free Ride
- Neighborhood Bike Works
- Bike Pirates
- Edmonton Bicycle Commuters Society
- Bike Kitchen (Vancouver)
- 1304 Bikes
- Third Hand Bicycle Cooperative
- Bike City Recyclery
- Sacramento Bicycle Kitchen
- Bikekitchen Vienna
- Bike Athens Bicycle Recycling Program
- Ogden Bicycle Collective
- Recycle Cycles (Kitchener, ON, Canada)
- Bike Saviours Bicycle Collective
- VéloCity Bicycle Cooperative
- Pedallers' Arms
- The Community Spoke
- San Francisco Yellow Bike Project
- Pedal MCR
- Newark Bike Project
- Hub City Cycles Community Co-operative
- Bicycle Collective
- The Community Spoke!
- Broken Spoke Bike Co-op
- RAD (Recycle A Dunger)